I’m Gary, a senior concept creative/Art Director/Creative Director.
I’ve driven award winning campaigns, created by myself or directing and inspiring teams, groups and departments as a Creative Partner, CD and Head of Art (twice).
Huge experience in all sectors and channels; ATL, integrated, DM, digital, content, social, experiential, shopper, brand activation, events, PR stunts, visualising, scamping – for both B2C & B2B.
Film and Content – concepting, scripting, storyboarding, even directing…
Entrepreneurial drive – desk shared with the two agency owners at JPMH creating strategies and concepts across the entire client portfolio.
> Most fun concepting, either in a team, group or on my own eg. solo developing B2B UX comms strategies, concepts, positioning.
> Experience helping mentor/inspire teams, designers, writers – eg. Creative Partner/Board Director at OgilvyOne; visiting mentor at School of Communication Arts 2.0.
> Creating award-winning solutions – eg. Google’s Global Marketing Excellence Gold Award.
> Digital transformation for financial, telecom, B2B/Tech clients – eg. American Express, BT, Cisco, Couchbase, IP Solutions, Peltarion.
> Helping out on strategy, briefs, propositions.
> Gravitas presenting to C-level clients.
Currently freelancing – recent successes:
• Helped OgilvyOne Business/DNX win
Sage Accounting/Payroll global pitch and implement those campaigns.
• Restaurant/retail pitch wins for BigDog.
• Creating integrated social/shopper/promo campaigns for RPM.
• More winning pitches & project winning B2B at Fox Parrack Singapour & Hello World – comms strategy/demand gen/content.
• In-house – Events : stand designs, themes, collateral for Air Charter Service
• Digital/Social concepts for FMCG product launch at AFG (McCanns).
• Global Brand repositioning for Geometry Global.
• In-house – NPD for Oliver/Unilever.
• Digital OOH/Social/Live PR Stunts/Activation for BEcause.
• Global Sports Medicine Rebranding/Repositioning for Smith & Nephew (acting Creative Lead/CD client side).
• Integrated, multi-platform campaign for M&G sponsorship of Chelsea Flower Show at Arthur.
• Multi platform comms, stunts, digital activiations for Mondelez’s Cocoa Life programme at OgilvyPR.
• Multi territory on/off trade & customer experience Shopper for Grolsch at JWT.
• B2B Brand Launch of business leading AI company Peltarion for The Leap Consultancy.
• Brand re-positioning at Saatchi & Saatchi Pro.
• Creative Director on BT Retail & BT Business and all its requirements – briefs, workload, direction, strategy, delivery and client presentations. Successful, award-winning campaigns for launch of BT Broadband, BT Fibre, BT Vision; Calls & Lines, Acquisition, Loyalty & Winback and retaining the account after a statutory review.
• Creative Director on Cisco – Successful and award-winning campaigns for UK & EMEA.
• Created Fidelity Investments most successful and awarded PR campaign.
• Created eCRM campaigns with live GPS offers and live social feeds for American Express.
• Grabbed the pan-European launch TVCs for Purina dog snacks from their historic ATL agency while at the BTL/Digital agency.
• Helped win B2B global pitches for Sage & Salesforce using social campaign ideas – Facebook, Linkedin, SlideShare & Instagram.
• Helped set up the Purina Felix Facebook site and created numerous date, brand and product posts.
• Created gamification sampling campaigns for other Purina brands on Facebook and homepages.
• Created and directed films, delivering Nestle Purina with their first 2 million plus views for content on their Felix YouTube channel; various corporate internal and external videos/films for American Express and Nestle Purina.
• Created award-winning and business result solutions – eg. winning Google’s Global Marketing Gold Excellence Award.
• Currently winning pitches; creating B2B Demand Generation, display, social and content; shopper and experiential for leading international brands; Event concepts client-side.
• Visiting Mentor at the School of Communication Arts 2.0
> Helped create the first talking email, the world’s longest email for BT at OgilvyOne.
> The first email campaign that uses GPS to deliver real time offers specific to where the email is opened for American Express.
> Created numerous Apps for sampling on brand Facebook pages and delivering Nestle Purina with their first 2 million plus views for content on their YouTube channel.
Further proven business success – leading creative as Creative Partner & Board Director on: a global tech brand, one of the UK’s largest telecoms (both B2B and B2C), and I was part of the team that delivered one agency ‘Campaign Direct Agency of the Year’ twice and gaining a seat on the Board for myself.
Let’s do business.
07816 981 980
Portfolio showreel http://vimeo.com/131445689
Bespoke Concepting, B2B, FMCG, Experiential/Shopper, Financial, Visualising/Storyboarding, Social/Content Portfolios available on request by WeTransfer.
2013 Google Gold Global Marketing Excellence Award
2012 Drum Marketing Awards Commendation (Samsung)
2010 Campaign Direct Agency of the Year
2009 DMA Echo Finalist (BT) as CD
2008 DMA Bronze (BT) as CD
2007 Campaign Direct Agency of the Year
2006 EPICA Direct Finalist (Cisco Systems)
2006 EuroBest Direct Finalist (Cisco Systems)
2006 Campaign Press Finalist (Cisco Systems)
2005 Effie Gold (Cisco Systems)
2005 Campaign Direct Finalist (Cisco Systems)
2004 DMA Echo Finalist (Cisco Systems)
2004 New York Festivals Finalist (Cisco Systems)
2004 Precision Marketing Winner (Glenfiddich Whisky)
2003 DMA Gold (Glenfiddich Whisky)
2003 Campaign Direct Finalists (BTx2, Royal Mail)
2000 Campaign Direct Gold (Fidelity)
2000 Campaign Direct Silver (Fidelity)
1999 Campaign Direct Agency of the Year
1999 Campaign Direct Commendation (COI: Action 2000)
1989 Campaign Press Gold (Mauritius)
1989 Creative Circle Silver (Mauritius)
1989 One-Show Bronze (Mauritius)
1989 D&AD Annual (Mauritius)
1989 British Television Advertising Awards (Olivetti)
1988 EPICA Premier Prix (Select Appointments)
1987 D&AD Annual (Harvey Nichols)
1985 Campaign Press Commendation (Harvey Nichols)
D&AD Post Office Student Award